Design and Technology
The intent of our Design and Technology teaching is to deliver a curriculum which is inclusive and inspires a passion about practical and inventive learning and reflective evaluation.
We aim to deliver a creative and comprehensive teaching approach to Design and Technology as a hands-on practical subject. We support children to use creativity and imagination in order to design and make products that solve real life problems within a variety of contexts, considering their own and others' needs and requirements.
The children acquire a broad range of subject knowledge and draw on disciplines such as maths, science, engineering, computing, cooking and art. Pupils explore how to solve problems, to become confident, resourceful and use the environment around them. The children are encouraged to evaluate their designs and final products in order to develop an understanding of its impacts on daily life, the wider world and whether it meets the original design brief.
- Develop the creative, technical and practical skills needed to perform everyday tasks confidently and to participate successfully in an increasingly technological world.
- Build and apply a range of knowledge through designing and making.
- Understand and develop the skills needed in order to design and make high-quality products for a wide range of audiences and purposes.
- Become reflective learners by being able to evaluate and test their ideas and products and respectfully respond to the work of others.
- Understand and apply the principles of nutrition and learn how to cook simple recipes.